Monday, February 1, 2010

It's the women in our lives

I don't really like horses. I never really had much of a desire to ride them, own them, care for them, or really much of anything else. My memories as a kid of trail rides were these hot, boring, dusty adventures that ended well with a bar-b-que meal. I could just have soon skipped the ride and gone straight to the BBQ. These days I feel the same, though I'd have a beer with my BBQ.

Why do I have horses?

It's a simple answer. My wife loves horses, trains them, and so I have horses. I love my wife, so I have horses. My daughter loves them as well, though I'm glad she has stopped pretending she's a horse on a daily basis.

I help take care of the, have learned a few things, but mostly seem to alternate with some funny and frustrating situations as a non-horse horse owner. I thought I'd start a blog and keep track of some of the more interesting adventures I've had and share some information with others that might be in a similar situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment