With new boarders slated to move in this winter, I have a few projects to work on. The first one is a new set of benches and saddle racks for the tack room. I also need to add a new shelter for horses, but that's going to take a bit more time.
Our tack room is a little crowded, but we made things work better by building a bench along one wall and then putting saddle racks on the wall above them. You can see the end of one bench, and the start of the second one. The second one was my project this week.
I got some wood and screwed together braces earlier in the week, and with a quiet night, I headed out to put the bench together. It only took about an hour, mostly because I had to move slow and switch bits out 3 times for each hole. When I got done, it looked pretty good and gives us more space for storage.
Now I just need to get 3 or 4 more saddle racks together. That's on the list for tomorrow.